Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lighthouses Remembered

   West End Lighthouse


Hurricane Katrina damaged many buildings in the Greater New Orleans Area of those were the many famous lighthouses. I remember growing up at West End seeing the old lighthouse overlook Lake Pontchartrain in calm and stormy weather, now it lays toppled over. I do have many pictures of the light as I use photographs to paint from but I would love to know if the Historic West End Lighthouse will be repaired. I have other lighthouses on my paintings page linked below.


CAmp St. Light


Camp Street Lighthouse



Manchac Light


Manchac Lighthouse



New Basin Canal Light


Storm Destroys Lighthouse






Link with more information on the damage to the West End New Canal Light- http://lighthousefoundation.org/newsroom/national_newcanal_collapse_2005nov30.htm and see The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation page at http://www.saveourlake.org/

2 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

3:45 PM  
Blogger Rogers Place said...

Very nice pictures

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home